Who Can Join
The Huntingtonized Federal Credit Union shall hereby be designated as a Community Common Bond as follows:
The field of membership shall be limited to those having the following common bond
- Persons who live work, worship, or attend school in, and business and other legal entities located in Cabell and Wayne Counties in West Virginia, Boyd County in Kentucky, and Lawrence County, OH.
- Members of record of this credit union as of the February 22, 2002 , date of conversion to a community field of member.
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union.
- Employees of this credit union.
- Volunteers in the community.
- Members of the immediate family or household.
- Organizations of such persons.
How To Join
Eligible persons may join HFCU by opening a member share (savings) account with $5.00. Membership is lifetime and will not be revoked if the member no longer meets the eligibility requirements. However, membership may be revoked if the member causes a loss to HFCU. A $5 balance must be maintained in a active share account to keep the membership open and to be eligible for other services.
Our primary purpose is to satisfy the financial needs of our members. Unlike a bank, a credit union is “member-owned” and operated by all of the individuals that utilize our financial products and services. Therefore, all excess earnings are returned to our members in the form of:
- Lower interest rates on loans
- Higher yield savings and investment accounts
- The addition of valuable new products and services
Once you become a member of Huntingtonized Federal Credit Union, you are a MEMBER FOR LIFE! Even if you relocate, change jobs or retire, you are always welcome as a member of our credit union family. Becoming a member of Huntingtonized Federal Credit Union has many advantages and gives you access to a long list of convenient, money saving products and services.